21.6.04

switcheroo! its from two!

From Danis:
In Germany now! No more Italy which is sad, but Germany has been great so far. I mean, I've seen, um, two streets at night and the university so far, but I am sure they are accurate representations of the city as a whole and the country as well.

Showering in one large room in the dorm/house complex that Drew lives in is very strange. I have to walk down multiple flights of stairs to get to it and the water has to be pushed every four seconds for continuous flow. And the light in the hallways outside the shower is on a timer so you emerge damp and dripping into a dark area with a handful of shower stuff that makes it difficult to grope around the wall for the light switch. It is an experience for sure.

I met all the German guys that Drew works with. They seem like nice enough fellows. Stefan, the guy that Drew works under, knows just about every song that comes on the radio and he sings the first few bars in a really funny, high pitched voice every time. It is hilarious. The rest of them pretty much ignore me and talk in German to each other. I experienced the Mensa food today...pretty gross. Worse than Brough or any other cafeteria ever. I ate some indistinguishable vegetables and really dry rice. I am hungry right now for some good Italian food...but I guess I will settle for some sausage and kraut later for dinner. Okay, I'm done. Most of you guys check this site for updates on Drew anyway, not me. Ciao!

From Drew:
(It may be a second. I think he royally screwed up his experiment and they are going to kick him out of the lab and the city and maybe even the country for it. So sad. We may have to leave soon because they are about to bring out some really scary looking torture implements...)

Wo! Die Danis ist hier- The Danis is here. I really enjoy the use of the "the" before names in German- I think die d also understands this. I think I will enjoy the city even more now that I have someone to share it with.

I'm trying to shorten up the day, so we can go play in the city, but NMR titrations call! Oh the life of a scientist!

I'd really like an American salad. Can someone ship me this? Perhaps insulated with some sort of liquid nitrogen machine that keeps it cold. The salads here have lots of vinegar on them and are kind of soupy. I can't really explain. I'll show you a picture later.

I think Die Danis might be getting bored. I need to get some things done. I need to get some things done? I need to get some things done!

Good music - check out the funny word bubbles

2 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bob schneider is from texas. i worked at one of his shows last semester and met him. he is apparently very hot, but i noticed that he was also very hairy and had a beer belly. he used to date sandra bullock. he put on a really good show, is very talented, but also has one of the dirtiest mouths i have ever heard. you wouldn't expect that from a person with song titles such as "the world exploded in love all around me." but don't be deceived, he likes to talk A LOT about unorthodox sexual maneuvers. i won't go into detail because 1)this is an incoherent post anyways and 2)because i know drew's mother reads his website daily. to make a long story short, i also like bob schneider, drew.

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would just like to say that i think this is the best post as of yet. that is all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home