7.6.04

weekend update

Jennifer Davidson informs me that Regensburg is know as the 'city of churches'. This is very true. There are probable 7 really large churches near where I live, each of which rings their bells for 7.2 minutes to call everyone to church on Sunday. All are in the old part of town or 'Altstadt'- and by old I mean the middle ages old.

I spent the weekend exploring lots of these church and the rest of Altstadt. This part of town has narrow stone streets and squares and such. Its kind of like Carcasone with modern shops and apartments. Its a really cool juxtaposition. There are tons of outdoor cafeĀ“s, and one of them is run by Rhoda, Trista's mom.

Last night, I gently sat upon my bed so that I could do some reading. The bed apparently did not like this, and it broke. In addition to this, I have found that the Haus handyman is on holiday until next week. This equals one week of sleeping with the mattress on the floor. Oh the adventures of travel!

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew...is the cafe totally immaculately clean?? Are there paintings everywhere?? Is the owner really skinny and tall with chicken legs?? If not, it isn't Mama.

-T

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew!
These posts of yours are great! I just got back on the dang computer after a long drought. You are having a great time, aren'tcha? Guess what? I've never left a comment on anyone's blog thing before and feel a little stupid as what to say to you and the world. Hey, I wish I were there to see your town of 7 churches.
Um...talk to ya later? Ya, talk to ya later Drew. Do you ever do the IM these days? Ok, bye.
-hummm...guess. (NM)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home