18.6.04

Geburstag!

Today has been great:

1. Danis woke me up with a birthday call!

2. The Germans have all been ridiculously nice on my birthday considering that I've only known them for two weeks. Katja and Nina surprised me with a cake at lab.


3. The people in the lab all stopped by and wished me happy birthday, and they bought me some cakes.

4. I don't think that I've done a single productive chemistry thing today. However, I did make this sweet video to delight and entertain that is about me as a scientist.

5. People have called me from another continent.

6. My mom is going to sign a document for me saying that she is "my agent while I am abroad". I don't know if this will work, but I really like the sound of it.

5 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look birthday happy! What's in the heart tin? Looks like they had cake and candles and everything; gosh, I guess they know how to celebrate birthdays in Germany just like in the USA---invite them to celebrate theirs with us here next time. I'll bake the cake!

mom

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Drew! Have fun and learn a lot in Germany! The video is awsome... I understand why you need an agent now!

LRM (- your mexican friend)

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cake!!! I want some cake! For mom, and alex and dad and me!!! I'll get a knife!!! Imagine if you acted just like that on your birthday this year. You should have, but you're too much of a civilized scientist to be that juvenile. Did you have some German chocolate cake?? Which, I hear, is a misconception because the chocolate isn't German, but named after a man with the last name German. But i've only heard that once and don't really know what is true.

-T

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dearest drew,

so sorry we could not spend your birthday together. is your cactus still alive or should i have #3 waiting for your return?

today, d and i went spelunking in the cave of devil's den. needless to say we were excited, but no one seemed to share this enthusiasm. but i knew deep down in side if drew cogbill was here he'd proudly say "i'll hike up a mountain and i'll climb through a cave!"

take care,

the leslise

 
At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. drew...I really like your faux-hawk right now, it's looking really good.
-T-bitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home