4.6.04

ä ö ü € ß µ

Today was Stefan's (my lab guy's) birthday so we just had Kaffee und Kuchen. He and his girlfriend made these amazing cakes. Fuer Stefan: Alles gut zum Geborstag.

I'm probably going to come home with better German and worse English. I am trying to listen to the German to get used to the southern accent, but I might just be getting really good and ignoring the conversations going on around me. I think I'm picking up the bad English habits of the Germans. Sometimes I think in a mixture of the languages.

These are some people I have met thus far:
Stefan- lab supervisor, very friendly
Josh- American from KU, wears a pedometer, loves playing polo
Julia- works in my lab, getting teaching chemistry degree
Giovanni- Italian, dyed red hair, speaks German and perhaps not English (at least not to me)

I'm enjoying exploring the city and spending time on my own, but I get a little bored at night when there is no hanging out to be done. I brought all of my polaroids with me, and last night I arranged them all on the wall by theme (don't worry I'll hopefully be posting pictures of the room on Monday, the laptop has to be set up first).

I'm going to go play with amino acids now

I'll leave you with exciting characters that you would find on a German keyboard:
ä ö ü
€ ß µ

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey drew,
you got a postcard from danis in the mail yesterday. woo hoo!

bb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home