2.6.04

Tag 1 in Regensberg (or on the 6)

Well kids. I'm here. Listening to German speaking all around me and smelling the sweet sweet smell of organic solvents wafting through the chemistry lab. I flew out from Tulsa on June 1st at 1:10pm. I left Atlanta at 5:40. The airline provided enlightened movie entertainment of 'Welcome to Mooseport' which I watched and 'Starsky and Hutch' and 'Miracle' which I tried to sleep through but basically just watched without sound. There were lots of funny characters floating about. I arrived in Munich at 9:00am on June2 after a 8 hour flight. The night was cut a good seven hours that I usually sleep through. I went through some nice customs and passport checks and took a short bus to a small town where I caught a train to Regensburg. The train was incredibily full, and I had to stand for the hour and ten minute length of it. I got to see some really nice German countryside and watch fun people on the train though. Dr. Hirtreiter picked up from the railstation and raced me around town to set up a bank account and find my 'accomodations'. I haven't really got to spend time in the room except to drop off my bags. Its on the fourth floor and is pretty small, but I think it will do just fine. It has a great view of the city's cathedral and is in the center of town. I share a bathroom and kitchen area with others on my floor. The place has a fitness center which I haven't got to check out, but maybe be it will motivate me to work out while I'm here. I take the number six bus to and from school. I'm excited to get to explore the school and the city. I think I might take a nap now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home