2.7.04

Lots of things for you to click

Its my last day in Stefan and Gio's lab. Yesterday Giovanni put up some balloons in the lab. I think they're quite festive.

I've got my final product evaporating on the rotovap. Next week I start work with Thomas. He shares a lab with Michael. This is Dr. Koenig's research group website.

I got my first haircut in Europe on Tuesday. I should have kept a little piece of my hair or something. I was really impressed by the girl that cut my hair. She was very meticulous with it, and she did everything that I like my haircutter to do. This is what my hair looks like now. You can also reference the periodic table for any information that you might need.

I just bought my tickets to fly to Roma next week! Its really cheap to fly around Europe. I used airberlin.com to make my reservation. Ryanair.com is also really good, but they don't have a airport hub near me. I'm going to visit Ember who is singing in an opera there. We'll be in Rome for a while and then we're going to Lago di Como which is a lake to the north of the city. She has a friend who has a mansion on the lake, and I was offered a stay. How could I refuse?

I go climbing with Giovanni and some other guys from the lab. I now own my own harness and climbing shoes, so if anyone wants to go when I get back home, let me know. We can at least hit up the hper. We were supposed to go climbing outside yesterday, but it was really overcast and rainy. The day before though, we climbed for two hours. I did my first lead climb.

I made a movie out of lots of pictures I took of a keyboard and pen, and somehow I made it like they were migrating towards each other or were in love or something crazy. I luckily rethought this course of action and made This video. That one is a little depressing though due to the music, so this one is a little more funky.

If you didn't see it to the right. Check out Time magazine's list of cool websites. They really are entertaining.

This makes me want to become a mountainbiker.

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how sad! a posting with no comments. so here are my comments: 1. it is obvious that you discovered how to include links in your blogs and went a little overboard with them, pace yourself. dont burn too bright lest you burn out 2. it is totally unfair that you get to stay in a mansion on a lake near rome. unacceptable to all of us here in arkansas. you must think of something to do that we are not jealous of, and if possible, that we are glad we are missing out on by being here in the states. 3. i am sorry you are going to miss the fireworks tomorrow. i will think of you during them.
oht!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home