30.7.04

well you can just tuck your shirt into your fancy (under)pants

I rode the 11 to school today. It always has more fun people than the 6. There was one older man who tucked his shirt into his underwear. The reason that I was privy to this fact is that even though he had suspenders to raise his pants to an appropriate height, his underwear band was still quite visible. My first thought was, "how can that be comfortable?", and my second thought was "I wonder if this guy has always done this or if he only started that later in life. Maybe he thinks that’s what everyone does." Your thoughts are appreciated as well.

A second example: also on the bus was a girl with a shirt that said on the front "looking for a blind date" and on the back "good luck". I couldn't decide if this was some jab at the visually impaired or if she was trying to say "hey, you might think you can date me, but i'm so beyond that." Ideas?

I went hiking and climbing with the entire lab group at Schoenhoffen yesterday. Here's a picture of Liz and Eva while we were hiking.


oh Giovanni, you crazy Italian you.


Paint was used to circle where Gio and I are on the cliff, Jiri is on his way up to meet us there.

6 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey drew i saw a guy in the arcaden yesterday: really fat guy shorts and a shirt with buttons(hemd) but he was so cool to leave that thing unbuttoned and showed what years of drinkin some weizen had done to his belly...hehe but he was cool for the age of about 60...cu on monday johnnes

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I must admit that your elderly gentleman on bus 11 is undoubtedly my new fashion hero. I've been tucking my shirts into my underwears in secret for years, wanting nothing more in the world than to let my creative fashion sense into the light; however my own insecurities and cowardice have held me back. But not this brave, beautiful man. We could all take a leaf out of this noble man's good-looks book, and let our true colors shine bright, above the waist-line.
Thank you, old man on bus 11, for teaching me to let it all out, and thank you, Drew, for sharing his inspiring message with us all.
In his fruit of the loom love,
Sara

 
At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started tucking my shirt into my underpants after I received a detention for having my shirt tail hanging out at school. i know it occasionally means a flash of my trunks, but you can see them on my washing line anyway. It is also much warmer in cold weather to dress this way. I fyou are embarrassed to show your underpants, wear ones that are the same colour as your shirt, or go for braces, which are much more comfortable than a belt!

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandfather always tucked his shirt into his underpants because he kept both up by using braces. Whilst as a youngster I didn't do the braces, (although at 30 I now recommend them), I did follow his lead and find that this method does keep your shirt tucked in better, and also enables the odd necessary packet adjustment without the need to drop your pants in public.

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely this method of tucking shirts into underpants was the forerunner of sagging, since it inevitably means your underpants are on show at times. However, it does have many advantages, since when the elastic on your underpants stretches you can clip them in your braces along with your jeans. This will mean your underpants are not on show, but your braces will be - but that is another fashion discussion!

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Sally said...

I personally don't see the problem with guys showing their braces. Surely this old taboo has been well and truly put to bed. Why do braces come in so many colours and patterns if they are not meant to be seen? Am I the only chick who thinks braces are sexxxxy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home