9.7.05

singer sewing

Internet access again! This'll be a quicker one though. I'm in Cape Coast for the weekend.

3 liters of water is all it takes for me to take a shower. We've found its better to fill up water bottles and rinse when them rather than use the shower head.

I've been working in the general side of the clinic taking vitals signs so that the nurses can get to more patients quicker. I helped to dress a laceration on a little boy's leg (we used some nice homemade butterfly bandages).

This morning we went to the rainforest area (a national park) and walked on an incredible rope bridge system about 40 meter up in the trees. It was crazy and amazing.

I think I might do construction on monday. They are laying a concrete floor for a new school at a church. We usually only work from 8-12, but I think I'm going to start going in on the afternoons as well.

On the way here I saw a woman carrying a old-style singer sewing machine on her head.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,

I think has to be a certain level of courageousness that one must achieve to be where you are. I must congratulate you and encourage you to experience it all--knowing full well that you will nonetheless.

Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home